Healthy eating habits - need advice

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 1, 2019 3:36pm
via iOS
Hello guys,

I have really bad eating habits and I have struggled a lot with it my whole life. From not eating for days/weeks because of stress before my twenties to emotional overeating after my twenties even when I am bored.

I tried dieting, fasting but I realized that I went so strict with it that I didn’t give myself enough time to get used to it, therefore I have failed all the times by eating fast food for a week and then feeling guilty for the next two - getting back on track after a month usually. Now I have no idea what to do, I look in the mirror and feel that I am so close to giving up for good, even though I do not want that.

What I wanted to ask you is: what did the thing for you? How did you form your healthy eating habits? By getting heads-first into it or by getting rid first of the bad ones in order to develop small new good ones?

Thank you!
05 Sep
My big change was I made my refrigerator and pantry look the same way my plate should look! 50% veggies, 25% proteins and lean meats, and 25% starch and dairy! My trouble areas practically fells off in the past 3 months and I even have pasta twice a week now! Red peppers were a crucial key as they combat cortisol, the stress hormone, better than any other food in existence. I have one every day! Not only have I lost the craving for fast food, but I’m healthier and I love looking at my progress, but most important: I’m ten...
yesterday
Just became vegetarian, and dropped 20lbs in 3 weeks.
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Sep 7, 2019 6:30pm
via Android

Hello
In most cases, I tell my clients to keep healthy eating simple and consistent when starting out.
For example, Add 8X8oz of water everyday for a week.
After a week add more protein to diet.

Also track your meals for a week to create awareness and starting point.

Creating momentum is the key!
I

12 Sep
Thank you! :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 14, 2019 3:05pm
via Android

A few simple things have helped immensely. The most important was to drink water. Plain old water. A cup or glass (up to personal preference) upon waking. Very important to start the day with water. Then drink your recommended amount daily by always having a bottle at hand and never passing up a drinking fountain or water cooler. Surprising how big a difference that made.
Next most important, simple habit was eating fruits and vegetables. Lots. Whole grains instead of refined carbs. Next, determine your personal macros for protein and fiber and work on integrating all this into your diet in as simple and easy way as you possibly can. Preparing multiple meals ahead of time and using pre-packaged, even pre-cooked foods (if not processed too much) helps a great deal. There are even fast food choices that may fit your personal situation.
You probably know intuitively what is best for you. Make it personal and succeed. Good luck!

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,345 topics, 38,268 posts

Motivation & Support

8,525 topics, 41,550 posts

App Updates

43 topics, 105 posts

Ask the Pros

765 topics, 1,953 posts

Workouts and Programs

2,936 topics, 12,159 posts

Trainer Tools

23 topics, 62 posts

Featured Training Programs

Weight Loss 3

Weight Loss 3

Intense Time 4 Weeks
Kick-Off Mania

Kick-Off Mania

Moderate Time 2 Weeks
Body Blast Bootcamp

Body Blast Bootcamp

Intense Time 4 Weeks
Lean Pilates: Control

Lean Pilates: Control

Casual Time 3 Weeks
Calisthenics 1.0

Calisthenics 1.0

Casual Time 2 Weeks
Harvard Health Gym Coach

Harvard Health Gym Coach

Moderate Time 3 Weeks

Featured Workouts

Tough Tabata

Tough Tabata

Intense Ic_time_32x32 23 mins  
Full Body   Ic_workout_dumbbell_32x32 Box or Step, Medicine Ball, Jump Rope
Built by Barbell

Built by Barbell

Moderate Ic_time_32x32 16 mins  
Back   Ic_workout_dumbbell_32x32 Barbell
Pull 'n' Throw

Pull 'n' Throw

Intense Ic_time_32x32 15 mins  
Back   Ic_workout_dumbbell_32x32 Kettlebell, Dumbbell, Bench, Medicine Ball, Pull Up Bar
Luxurious Yin

Luxurious Yin

Casual Ic_time_32x32 45 mins  
Yoga  
Core 50-10

Core 50-10

Moderate Ic_time_32x32 31 mins  
Core  
Med Ball Mayhem

Med Ball Mayhem

Intense Ic_time_32x32 10 mins  
Full Body   Ic_workout_dumbbell_32x32 Medicine Ball