Diff between a whole egg and egg whites?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 11:00pm
via Android

My mom and I were just having a discussion about why egg whites ate better for you, but we couldn't figure out why. And my fitness program that I started also says i have to eat 5 egg whites for breakfast in the morning. Can anyone answer this for me?

18 Feb
There is no fat in the egg white. Although half the protein in the egg is found in the yolk so it is kinda good for you too!
18 Feb
Thank you!
19 Feb
Spot on Natasha. Spot on.
Icon_missing_thumb
26 Posts
Feb 19, 2013 12:43am
via Android

The yolk has the most fat but the most vitamins and protein too.

19 Feb
I like them runny.
19 Feb
Me too, its the best part
Image_thumb
64 Posts
Feb 19, 2013 3:22am
Just buy the egg whites in the carton then there's no temptation to eat the yolk!
19 Feb
What if you just boil the egg and take out the yellow part ?
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 19, 2013 3:29am
via Android

The yellow part has the fat and cholesteral,egg whites have the protein.

Image_thumb
157 Posts
Feb 19, 2013 7:39am
via Android

If you buy the egg whites in a carton, you can add it to your protein shakes (I saw this in men's health.) Another option is quail eggs; twice the nutrition and can be consumned raw without worry of salminella. Casine protein found in eggs and cheese is the best before bed because it takes the longest to break down, feeding your muscles while you sleep. If your muscles don't have the proper nutrition they will canibalise, and actually start eating themselves, and SCARY THOUGHT, your brain is a muscle.

19 Feb
I honestly never thought about it like that, I knew your muscles will eat away at themselves without nutrients but never considered that my brain was included...
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 20, 2013 1:10pm
via Android

egg whites have no fats or cholestrol ...and only about 17 calories
and half of the protin in an egg is in it's white.:)

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 21, 2013 9:55am
via iOS
I'm just about to have 3 for breakfast before I hit the gym! Lets hope I can resist the yolk temptation!
Image_thumb
64 Posts
Feb 21, 2013 1:12pm
You can do that too :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51