Healthy Snacks?!

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 19, 2013 8:04am
via iOS
So I'm in class for about 7 hours straight which gives me no time to buy lunch. Do you guys recommend any healthy snacks suggestions that will keep my hunger to a minimum? Ideas/suggestions appreciated
19 Feb
Fruit or something with oats in like flapjack. Slow release energy and the natural sugars satisfy any sugar craving. :)
19 Feb
Agreed!^^
19 Feb
Trail mix or fruit & nut mixes are good.
22 Feb
Natural yogurt with some fruit for flavour u unless you like the taste but find I sometimes eat raw vegetables
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 19, 2013 8:28am
via Android

Fruit, nuts, berries and mushrooms

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Feb 19, 2013 8:39am
via Android

My schedule gets hectic so I prepare from the night before and take small containers with me! During a working day i might eat chicken or salmon and cous cous, salad or quinoa that can be eaten cold or hot. Fat free greek yoghurt with a hand full of blueberries mixed in, fruit like a banana or orange, home made trail mix- various nuts, seeds and dried fruit, peanut butter on rice cakes, porridge/oatmeal that I can microwave, protein shake make with 1% milk and fat free yoghurt.

I'm wanting to make some of the cookies I posted in recipes for athletes forum. I've also seen some recipes for home made protein bars to.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

Image_thumb
79 Posts
Feb 20, 2013 3:03pm
via Android

Don't forget to stay hydrated. Eat fruit and vegetables. Red apples and carrots are ideal. Also chew a gum at the last hours. hope I helped u!

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 20, 2013 3:34pm
via Android

Hi there. I always keep a secondary purse full of cut up veggies, raw nuts, and etc. i shy away from bars,  lot of fruit, and processed items with hidden sugars. Lots of  veggies! I also keep a couple of hard boiled eggs on hand.

Some days im out of the house from before sunrise til night time and if i dont prepare the night before im s.o.l Twice a week on my longest days i eat almost completely raw due to scheduling....which is quite refreshing and cleansing.

Night prep takes getting used to. Find one day a week to shop and package your on the go foods. You can have everything ready so all you do is throw stuff in the bag and leave. so try raw food snacks over bars. Gotta get veggies daily anyway! Good luck to you

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 21, 2013 3:34am
via iOS
Thanks for all these great ideas!
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Feb 22, 2013 9:02pm
via Android

Special k cereal bars! Or anything high in fiber and a cup or two of water :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51