32 Posts
Mar 14, 2013 11:06pm
via Android

Beets, kale, peas

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 12:20am
via Android

I think most vegetables are pretty good for you as they tend to be high in fibre and vitamins and low in fat.  Dark green vegetables like broccoli and kale are also rich in iron, which is especially important for women.
One of my personal favourites is butternut squash (although technically it is a fruit as it has seeds). It is great for you, particularly your heart as it is high in dietary fibre but low in fat, and also high in potassium,  vitamin  B6 and beta-carotene.  It also has a rich taste so makes dishes seem indulgent when they are actually very healthy :)

15 Mar
Squash is the best, recently discovered spaghetti squash and I'm hooked!!
16 Mar
I've heard spaghetti squash is yummy, but never found and in my local shops. I also love aubergine and mushrooms (particularly oyster and shittake), and both are high in vitamins and antioxidants and low in fat. I recently visited Istanbul and they have amazing aubergine dishes :)
17 Mar
Have you checked near butternut squashes? I Always find them in that section of my local shops
17 Mar
Most of my local shops tend to only have butternut squash, pumpkin at Halloween and a few random varieties of winter squash for 2-3 weeks in late autumn...I'll ask at the local market though and see if the can get any. Where do you live? I'm in the UK. Thanks for the recommendation!
17 Mar
Oh no!! I'm in Canada, we have a really great selection of squash all year, I hope you find some! If you do I can share some delish recipes!!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 26, 2013 10:30am
via iOS
What vegetables aren't good for health? Every vegetable can benefit you in one way or another. Leafy greens are best! Spinach is a great source of protein and is very versatile. I use is in shakes, I hide it In my baking without it even being noticed. I eat a ton of veggies, all kinds because no matter what vegetable it is, it benefits me in one way or another
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 26, 2013 3:21pm
via Android

All green vegetables good for health

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Mar 26, 2013 6:31pm
via iOS
I personally love kale. It is a superfood loaded with vita a, k, and b group. It is low fat, no cholesterol but with health benefiting anti- oxidant properties. A good thumb of rule is that the darker the vegetable, the better for you. It also depends on how you prepare your vegetable. If you add fattening ingredients like mayo or caesar dressing, then any vegetable dish is bad for you.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 26, 2013 7:07pm
via iOS
All vegetables are healthy, but it is very important to remember the quality of the vegetable and how it is prepared. 
It may be a bit of work and extra cash, but try to purchase veggies that have not been treated with pesticides, have been genetically modified or grown on artificial fertilizers. If you can grow your own veggies that would be ideal! But if you cannot, try farmer's markets and local growers. As well try to eat your vegetables in its natural state as much as possible, as cooking them often rids them off their essential vitamins. 
26 Mar
I used to have pet rabbits who refused to eat any vegetables that weren't organic - I think that says quite a lot about the differences in quality there is in vegetables!
Image_thumb
32 Posts
Mar 26, 2013 7:18pm
via iOS
Any vegetable is very very healthy in all ways!! Just don't cook them in lots oil or unhealthy products. Hope this helps anyone out there... Got more questions about fitness??? Follow me so I can get back to u ASAP!! ;)
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 26, 2013 8:19pm
via iOS
All Vegtables are healthy, but avocado is really healthy.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51