Vegie for a week!

3 posts | Original | Recent
79 Posts
Apr 2, 2013 7:54pm
via Android

I'm going to eat only vegetables and fruits only for a week. According to our religion we hav to do that 40 days. To stay awAy from meat and dairy products. But I can't. So I'll try it for a week! Who's with me? I think we'll have impressive results!

03 Apr
I'll have that in mind! Really appreciate ur help! Thks!
24 Posts
Apr 2, 2013 8:38pm
via Android

I've Been a veggie my whole life

19 Posts
Apr 2, 2013 9:15pm
via iOS
You're going a lot farther than most vegetarians..
Vegetarians usually eat anything but meat, which includes dairy and eggs.
What you're doing sounds more like vegans, although they eat breads as well.

Nevertheless, if you're serious about only fruits and vegetables here are a few tips:
-Make sure you eat lots of potatoes, since most other fruits and vegetables don't contain the complex carbs your body needs for energy throughout the day.
-Include nuts in your diet, they contain special fatty acids which are good to your heart and some vitamins that we usually get from meat. They also contain protein that we usually get from dairy and meat.
You can replace the nuts with avocado for the fatty acids (olives are good too, I think) and soy for the protein. If you eat eggs they are great for that too.
Another thing, make sure you don't eat too many fruits. They are healthy but they are packed with sugar.
Make sure you listen to your body and don't keep going if you don't feel well.

Good luck from all my heart!!
03 Apr
Thank you. I'll stay with eggs only. I'll try to avoid too much cheese, meat and salt. I'll add lots of nuts and potatoes ... I don't know about bread ... Only wholeweat I think and water! Thank you :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51