Smoothies?

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 6:14pm
via iOS
I'm glued to smoothies right now. Instead of buying them at places like tropical smoothie. I have been making my own. Today was strawberry peaches yogurt and a drizzle of chocolate on top to fix that chocolate craving. Anyone else make these?!
17 Apr
I've used spinach too. Most of them turned out ok exp the last one. It smelled like puke so needless to say that got thrown out haha I think it was because I used a flavored yogurt. Do you use frozen fruits or fresh?
17 Apr
How's the almond milk turn out? Ill have to try it.
17 Apr
I will def try that! Unfortunately I don't have Instagram.
17 Apr
Yeah ive googled the recipes for jamba juice, since i love the caribbean passion smoothie.
17 Apr
Look up recipes for green smoothies. To keep from getting hungry too soon I add 1t of flax seed oil and some tofu. I know it sounds yucky but TRULY you cannot taste the tofu.
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 1:27am
via Android

I had mine with pineapple.banana.blueberries and honey

18 Apr
Do you notice the blue berry alot?
18 Apr
Can be strong depending on the amount you put
18 Apr
Ill have to try some. All I know is when I make my husband blue berry pancakes it smells like puke! Haha
18 Apr
Lol yikes....i will keep you posted on other smoothies i make
19 Apr
Thanks looking forward to them
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 19, 2013 7:43pm
via Android

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Apr 19, 2013 8:26pm
via iOS
I use strawberries bananas peanut butter and plain yogurt. Tate's amazing :)
19 Apr
Tastes*
19 Apr
Ahh peanut butter!!!! I don't know why I never thought about using that! Haha thanks
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 19, 2013 8:30pm
via iOS
Agreed!! It's way cheaper and totally delicious to make smoothies at home!!! I use frozen fruit, juice and sometimes yogurt. Bananas are great for texture. 
19 Apr
Avocado is good for texture too and it gives you your good fat
20 Apr
I'll try that!
20 Apr
Avocado would be good
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 19, 2013 11:08pm
via Android

I loooove smoothies! Strawberry and pineapples are my staple fruits no matter what I make. And I always add spinach or kale and toss in some chia seeds.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 26, 2013 9:44pm
via iOS
Ooh i am on a smoothie rave right now too!!!
Some of my faves:
Orange Cream Slush:
1 medium orange
1/3 - 1-2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup ice
--blend all ingredients together
Caffeinated Banana!:
1 banana, frozen
1 cup brewed coffee
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Ice as neccessary
Cinnamon Apple:
1 apple, cored and sliced
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 oatmeal (uncooked)
Tablespoon vanilla
Teaspoon cinnamon
Ice as neccessary (or milk to thin it out)
27 Apr
Thanks for these!!! Ill def try them
27 Apr
I tried the apple one my blender had a hard time blending the apples so next time I'm going to cut them smaller. Thanks it was delicious!
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 5:48am
via Android

I don't do smoothies really, but am really into juices! I have a Ninja Blender so you get all the healthy pulp! (not like other juices where you only get the juice)

My juice today: beet, apple, cabbage, carrot, kale, celery, and water. Tastes fairly good actually and the colour of the beets make it look pretty! :)

27 Apr
Ah I want a Ninja so badly!!! Once I get one ill have to try them.
Image_thumb
77 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 1:45pm
via Android

Yesssssss ! I made fruit smoothies w/protien powder  last year.. And that was my breakfast. Now im jucing or blending veggie/fruit...  @ first i was scared cuz they green color but they taste awesome

27 Apr
I'd like to get into juicing but I need a juicer.
27 Apr
Hey Ashley, yea I have a juicer and blender but I like the thickness and chunky parts lol so I barely juice now .but I read that they're both beneficial whether you juice or blend . And Tropical smoothie place can be expensive after awhile that's why I did how you do N started making my.own concoctions
03 May
Yea tropical smoothie can be really expensive. Plus they add sugars and who know what else they put into it. It's great being able to control what you put in it. I really want to try a juicer. I need to get a machine that will do it all. Haha
03 May
Sorry for the late response!
Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 3, 2013 3:05am
via iOS
I drink a smoothie every morning 30mins before starting my morning yoga workout or running 

bananas, strawberries, and vanilla soy milk with one scoop of Alive vanilla pea protein powder YUMMY :) I use all types of fruits in my smoothies
03 May
Do you mainly do yoga a lot or other workouts as well? I need more protein because I don't eat a lot of meat but scares me if I don't work out enough I'd gain weight from it. I've been doing slim fast shakes because I get the protein without the scare of weight gain. Thanks for your ideas for smoothies.
04 May
I do yoga, core, butt, legs.. Whole body really and I run/jog/walk 3 times a week. I normally do my yoga early in the morning or at night before bed. Great way to open up your body for the day or to relax it before bed :)
04 May
I too have a fear of weight gain but you need to get enough protein and nutrients in your body skipping meals or living off slim fast is not good for you one meal replacement with slim fast is ok but no more than that. I eat 3 times a day and snack on carrots cucumbers fruits etc. and most days I still only eat about 500-800 calories because I workout at least 3-4 times a day 5 days a week. If you burn more calories then you eat you'll be find. Have you tried keeping a food/exercise log? You're...
04 May
04 May
I don't skip meals with it. And I don't drink it everyday. Like the days I eat breakfast I don't drink it. I def understand what your saying and I have used things to track what I eat but I have to get back into it. And I'm sure the times I ate like crazy was def an insane amount of calories. Because I'd eat a lot of junk. I'm back to healthier choices though.
Image_thumb
60 Posts
May 3, 2013 4:00am
via iOS
Try strawberries, raspberries yogurt and orange juice. It tastes pretty good
03 May
I love raspberries and strawberries def will try it!
Image_thumb
8 Posts
May 10, 2013 3:35am
via iOS
I drink smoothies at least twice a day...my favorites are vanilla protein powder frozen banana, pomegranate seeds, frozen Pinapple, an orange and chia seeds.  Second is chocolate protein powder, frozen banana 1tbsp natural peanut butter and chia seed or flax seed...mmmmm
10 May
Why two a day? They sound really good.
10 May
Protein is so important in building muscles mass( which burns fat) and we love them..I'm getting a little lazy in my old age and they are just so easy and fast...we do a lot of "green" smoothies too with Kale, spinach, unflavoured protein powder,strawberries...plus it's just easier to get your fruit and veggies!
10 May
It's a great way to get your veggies and fruit! Protein scares me sometimes because I heard you can gain weight from it if you don't work out.
10 May
My husband lost 25 pounds..all he does is take the dog for a walk..lol. I've been working out for years and need to maintain and build muscle and to balance blood sugars...it's really hard to get the recommended daily amount of protein for me otherwise because I'm not a big meat or dairy eater and I can't have soy. I just feel better. The kind of protein powder is also very important..stay away from the cheap ones!
13 May
Hi Holly can I ask which protein you drink? Have you heard of Best Trust? It's suppose to be very natural no artificial anything...I been doing NOW Whey protein but willing to try Best Trust to get more natural ingredients.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 12, 2013 8:16pm
via Android

I like using soy milk and adding avocado and frozen bananas.  Flax seeds or oats would give it a texture. So good!

Image_thumb
31 Posts
May 13, 2013 12:12am
via iOS
I'm obsessed with smoothies I usually keep it simple though, I use frozen strawberries, a fresh orange, either unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51