Vegan

18 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 7:25pm

I recently started living vegan lifestyle and I have to say, I love it. I know must people ask how would you get protein and all these other sources of nutrition that you body needs? Well there are a lot of ways to get all. Example:

Protein - beans, veggies, non dairy milk
Calcium - kale, collard greens, oranges, broccoli
And those are just for starts. And if you love meat there are meatless meat you can buy. My fav. Dish - vegan pizza. I can honestly say my skin is clearer, I'm more energetic and I can see my abs now more so than ever.
21 Apr
Weird question maybe but what do you eat then the whole day?
21 Apr
U can eat breads! ??? I dunno what vegan really is??? I gotta have me some kinda meats. But maybe I could eat healthier ones like fish sometimes... But good luck. I think whatever works stick to it! :-)
21 Apr
Im vegan too. Go for it! I love it
13 Jun
Hey since ur vegan can u tell me what tofu is
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 8:05pm
via iOS
So you intend to live of beans fore the rest of your life? Sounds great -.-
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 8:34pm

No not at all but its way better than most of the foods we eat everyday. I eat fruits and veggies, tofu, bread, meatless meats, and a lot of things you probably never heard of. And a little knowledge when you go vegan not only does you body become clean i.e. digestive tract but also you become healthier one a celluar level meaning your cells get a clensing as well.

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 8:41pm

It's not a weird question, I get asked it a lot actually. I usually like a non-diary parfait or pancakes for breakfast, then lunch a sea fruits salad, and dinner my favs are vegan pizza, tofu lasagna, and sushi rolled veggies.

21 Apr
Okay cool. But how can you eat pancakes with no eggs? Or do you eat eggs? and isn't sea fruit things like shrimps and mussels/shells too?
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 8:57pm

True, I'm not try to convert anyone to the vegan life, I'm just give people an alternative if they want it. And like I said there are "fake" meats out there that look and taste like the real thing. Like I love peperoni and I found meatless peperoni that I put on my Vegan pizza and you would never know. And being vegan more so than vegetarian is not having diary and no meats. I'll post a video and it'll explain more.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AAkEYcmCCCk

21 Apr
You have to be careful how much fake meat you actually eat, it is loaded with sodium and soy which isn't good for you in high amounts.
22 Apr
okay this guy is extremly weird tbh.
22 Apr
lol true but the points he made were important
22 Apr
the only point was fighting the dragons ;) and tbh if you're diabetic you're supposed to not eat sugar and you can still eat like animal products and it's fine ^^ and too much fruit are also not that good cause then your blood sugar thing gets higher
22 Apr
Well if you get some some fruits organically grown like berries, apples, pomegranate <3, and figs you>ll be alright
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 9:17pm

Okay cool. But how can you eat pancakes with no eggs? Or do you eat eggs? and isn't sea fruit things like shrimps and mussels/shells too?

Nope no eggs. 

Vegan pancake recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-pancakes/

Vegan Seafood salad: http://sinfullynutritious.blogspot.com/2012/11/what-i-ate-wednesday-39.html

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 9:28pm
via Android

I give you props, I couldn't do it.

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 9:30pm

Exactly, and most people don't realize how long meat take to "fully digest" and how even if when it is how some of it just sits in your digestive tract. And look how fit you are, great reason why vegan works.

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 9:33pm

I remember I used to think of Vegan as a Diet and I didn't want to. Then, now it's a lifestyle choice and I'm commited and focused and believe what I'm doing is for the good of my body.

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 10:11pm
via iOS
Well good luck Then :)
22 Apr
Why thank you :)
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 10:19pm
via iOS
Lol, meatless meat, never thought I'd heard of that!
22 Apr
They are out there but as Brytny said don't wanna make it a habit of eating them or the ramen noodle effect will happen.
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 10:31pm
via Android

ok u dont wanna eat animals. I get that but dairy! You were nurished from birth with it along with every other mamal on earth. And i love cheese!

22 Apr
The truth diary is frightening, and like I said I'm not trying to turn anyone vegan. But the truth is that the number 1 killer in the world is heart attack to because of fats and high cholesterol. Reason:One large egg has about 186 mg of cholesterol and If you are healthy, it's recommended that you limit your dietary cholesterol to less than 300 milligrams (mg) a day.
22 Apr
You do know that eggs or milk products also contain lots of important vitamins and fish is extremely healthy too because of the omega-3
22 Apr
haha i'm glad you brought that up, the highest source of omega-3 can be found in fruits and veggies
22 Apr
really? ;D then why does everyone tell you that fish is so healthy because of the omega-3 thing?
22 Apr
Well, fish is another good source of it as well, but high portions can be found in berries. Omega-3 is essential for your body but our bodies can not produce is on its own.
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 11:28pm
via iOS
Awesome :) and I sure will thanks
Image_thumb
179 Posts
Apr 22, 2013 1:17am
via Android

Im vegan (:

22 Apr
It's soo awesome right? I just wish I was into it sooner
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Apr 22, 2013 1:23am
via iOS
We were fully vegan for a while, now more "flexitarian" =) still eat cheeses in moderation, some eggs, and occasional meat- usually if at someone else's house  or eating out. Don't ever cook meat at home anymore, and it has been great. I have far less migraines than I used to, and many other general improvements =) hubby is a chef, so he is pretty good at creative cooking, plus in the summer we have a huge garden so no shortage of produce =) good for you, glad you are finding it a good lifestyle fit. =)
22 Apr
I know what you mean my family really don't understand my way of living so I have to comply with the masses but otherwise it's strictly vegan
23 Apr
Good for you, Krisi :-)
186838_585372896_1437806505_n_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 22, 2013 1:28am
via Android

Wow..I wish I can be vegan too. But living as asian...its hard to avoid all the meat and normal foods.

22 Apr
I know what you mean.... my mother's side of the family is African and chicken is in a lot of their dishes.
23 Apr
It is possible.you should give it a try.stirfries are good, and you can use seitan, tofu, or tempeh as the meat.
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Apr 22, 2013 10:46pm
via iOS
Ate at a vegan Italian restaurant called Ethos vegan kitchen. It was so delicious it was a good treat to myself after my 3 day water fast. I ate their medium sized pizza 10 slices, their lasagna, and garlic break. Oh man, thinking about it makes me want to go back!
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 23, 2013 6:33am
via iOS
That is great.people think that people who are vegetarians and vegans aren't very healthy, but you can be very healthy and even a bodybuilder if you want to. it is just a different way of thinking than what people are used to.animals who are eaten for meat are Treated badly, and they are given a lot of antibiotics and things, slaughtering is very dirty and there are lots of bacteria in the meat. On top of that they pierce the meat with the blades all over to make it more tender, so the bacteria is even inside of the meat. have fun if you like medium rare LOL
24 Apr
I have a friend back home and she is a personal trainer and a fitness model and she is a raw vegan. And yes, cow are pump with a lot of thing especially hormones. And what you eat has a strong relation on how you feel. An imbalance of hormones can lead to mood swings.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51