Protein Mix/Powders

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
May 7, 2013 4:58pm
via iOS
What are your favorites and how do you like incorporating them in to drinks/food? Looking for some recommendations. I used to use strawberry whey powder that you can just buy from Walmart - but really looking for different ideas! :}
572295_1130925808_1333714561_n_thumb
1 Post
May 7, 2013 5:13pm
via Android

Heey, I usually get the chocolate flavoured one. They're lush! It says you can have it with water, but I haven't tried that combination yet. I always have it with warm semi-skimmed milk :)!

07 May
Oh, dear! I am a chocolate addict! Seriously my guilty pleasure. That sounds delish! :} thanks!
Image_thumb
456 Posts
May 7, 2013 7:02pm
via Android

Hey Madison...i like 2 use vanila whey protein powder cuz i can flavor it as i can..if i want chocolate ,i add coco powder 2 the mix...i sometimes add it 2 my oatmeal.. my favorate mix:
1 scoop v.whey protein powder
1/4 cup soy/almond/milk
1/2 banana(fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
1/2cup water
1 tsp coco powder
1 tps frozen berries(blueberry or rasberry)

the 2nd 1 is my fav post workout:
1 scoop v.whey protein
hand full of spanish(i use the frozen)
dash of cinnamon
1/2 banana
3 frozen strawberrys
1/2 tsp flaxseed oil
1/4 cup soy milk or youghert
water

check these sites:

http://www.superskinnyme.com/smoothie-recipes.html

http://www.healthysmoothiehq.com/healthy-smoothie-recipes

08 May
Gosh! I never thought to use coffee with a protein drink! That sounds absolutely fantastic! I might have to try it once I purchase a protein mix. Thanks for the recipes and websites! They both sound so great!
08 May
Hey, ive heard of flaxseed oil but im still confused on wat the benefits are, is it something like fish oil??
Image_thumb
71 Posts
May 8, 2013 12:09am
via Android

I use the Vanilla Sun Warrior protein powder. Being that I can't have whey, its great because it's vegan, has no additives, and has lots of good stuff in it (like greens and such).

I put it in water/ almond milk/ juice, add spirulina, chlorella, blue-green algae, greens powder, vitamin C powder, ocassionally some BCAAs, and glutamine :)

08 May
I absolutely love almond milk. What's the shelf life like for this product? I'm always wary with certain vegan foods because the shelf life can be slim and I'd be the only one using/eating. It sounds scrumptious though! Thanks for the tip!
08 May
The shelf life is 1-2 years approximately, depending on how fresh the bag is when you buy it. It comes in natural, vanilla, and chocolate. If you want any other recommendations, let me know :)
08 May
Wow! So it has a pretty decent life span then. I will definitely look in to it! I'd love to try it in chocolate! Thank you so much.
08 May
No problem! The chocolate one is fairly good, actually tastes like chocolate, where as I find some powders taste a little off. Just as a side note, it has 47 servings per bag, and its around $50-60 (in Canada) depending on where you get it :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 8, 2013 12:42am
via iOS
I love herbalife formula 1 cookies and cream mix with a scoop of personalized protein powder. Tastes great and keeps the hunger off for a very long time
08 May
Oh, that sounds delicious! Especially as a shake.
Image_thumb
32 Posts
May 8, 2013 10:22pm
via Android

If all you have is water to mix with... then Whole Gains mango flavor is AWESOME tasting and it has fiber in it too.
Other than that I use BSN Syntha-6 vanilla and always blend it with juice and/or water, whatever frozen and fresh fruit sounds good at the time... sometimes I throw in some veggies like spinach or kale, broccoli, carrots etc. The Syntha-6 blends up thick without getting foamy if you blend it for awhile and that helps me to feel full.

Image_thumb
11 Posts
May 8, 2013 10:27pm
via iOS
Cookies and cream flavor! I mix it either with low fat milk or soy milk. It's nice! It's like eating Hershey cookies and cream chocolate! Lol!
Image_thumb
72 Posts
May 8, 2013 10:36pm
via Android

Hi Madison,i usually buy unflavoured whey powder so you can add any flavour you like.It can make a great breakfast when mixed with oats instead of milk.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51