Water/Tea/Shakes?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Snzu6djwsq51oi-9deymcq_thumb
63 Posts
May 9, 2013 11:58am
via Android

I was just wondering, when should water be replaced for other liquids such as green tea and protien shakes? I work a demanding labouring job and drink about 4 litres through out my shift. I have a little more money now so I wanted to get on the protien shakes, but not sure if I need them or if I should just stick with water during working hours. I also just got a thermal flask, and am wondering about the benefits of bringing some green tea with me to work.

thanks to any who take the time to read and write back :)

10 May
I hate just plain water so I drink vitamin water ZERO 8/10 of them a day and go thru 4 of them during workouts. No calories in ZERO Water is important!
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
May 9, 2013 1:06pm
via Android

Water is never needed to be replaced. Water is great. As for protein shakes. They are a easy and fast way of consuming proteins. You should see this as food not as a drink. Tea of any kinds and coffee are just for your personal liking. If you like tea bring some if you dont keep drinking water.

Snzu6djwsq51oi-9deymcq_thumb
63 Posts
May 9, 2013 2:11pm
via Android

I've heard that green tea has alot of health benefits such as helping metabolism and reducing risk of heart disease, which ive recently discovered is a problem in my family.

09 May
If you're eating healthy, your metabolism should be just fine ;)
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
May 9, 2013 2:20pm
via Android

Yeah well green tea is great but i dont really believe the whole hype about it

Image_thumb
8 Posts
May 10, 2013 3:28am
via iOS
We replace our breakfast and lunch with protein smoothies...we put them in a thermos for lunches ( just give them a good shake before opening...you really need some protein with the job that you do!
10 May
Lol this would be the last advice i would give someone with an intensive job. But if you feel good with it :-)
10 May
It's meant as a meal replacement not a water replacement.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
May 10, 2013 5:42pm
via iOS
Green tea really helps me maintain my weight:) i have it 3 times a day

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51