Tips on beating the craving?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
May 15, 2013 1:19pm
via Android

Hey there, im a sucker for sweet things and im trying to get out of the habit of giving into my cravings and feeling guilty after. If anyone has any tips on alternative or just giving up snacks completely would appreciate it

Image_thumb
149 Posts
May 15, 2013 1:54pm
via Android

I try to do things to take my mind off it like a quick workout cuz u ain't gonna ruin all that hard work but eating something unhealthy

Image_thumb
58 Posts
May 16, 2013 1:04am
via iOS
For me I shop a lot at whole foods and found gluten and lactose free chocolate chip cookies, and vegetable chips called Eat Your Vegetables (my new addiction)
16 May
U ain't gotta eat the box bro
16 May
Yea I limit myself to two a week, I'm good now at first though it was pretty ugly lol. But being a broke college student I can't buy all the time so helps
Image_thumb
40 Posts
May 16, 2013 2:11am
via Android

Bryan has the right idea here. Find alternatives that you like. A quick snack thats one of my favorites, it a cup of frozen fruit (grapes, mango, strawberries,  etc) with some room temp. welches white grape juice poured on top. The fruit acts like ice and instantly cools the juice. After a minute or so, you've got a cup full o' tasty little popcycles that you can eat on the go. -and the grape juice becomes grape juice with a light hint of mango-strawberry...its is a very tasty snack thats a great substitute for any cold-sweet cravings you may have :)

16 May
Lol I made me hungry as well. I made a cup for breakfast today! ^^
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
May 16, 2013 7:33am
via Android

I've heard that some people put a mirror in the sweets cupboard. When they open the door they see their reflection and are reminded how overweight they are/will be if they continue eating badly!  Made me laugh when I heard it but I see how it could work.

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
May 16, 2013 10:36am
via Android

Something with a good source of fat, fiber and protein like almonds, pistachios and hummus with a veggie will do the trick.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 16, 2013 12:24pm
via iOS
I can't seem to beat my insane sweet tooth either. I live of off low carb chocolate bars frond trader joes. They have either 1 or 2 net carbs per serving.  Sometimes eat them as is, put in almond meal pancakes, melt down to on my low carb peanut butter squares ( tastes like peanut butter squares). Just an Idea.
Image_thumb
152 Posts
May 16, 2013 12:28pm
via iOS
Clif bars and Builder bars! So good!
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
May 23, 2013 9:39pm
via iOS
I have the same issue but with salt. Chips, nuts, etc. I've noticed the longer I refuse myself the harder I crash and binge. My current plan has helped me stay nearly salty snack free for about 9 months now. Don't deny your craving. But don't overindulge. You want something sweet, eat it. But eat a small amount. 3-4 m&ms and stop. Accompany it with a glass of water. Eat them slowly. It's hard at first to stop, but its worked like a champ for me. I can now get a small bag of potato chips to last me 3 months.
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Jun 29, 2013 8:26am
via Android

Don't deny yourself, you will end up binging. Be reasonable. Try a sugar cleanse. Eliminate refined sugars from your diet for a few weeks. After you get over the hump the cravings will dissapate. I am not a huge promoter for diet or sugar free foods because they are worse for you than sugar, but... try this ... buy a package of sugar free instant chocolate pudding mix. Instead if milk use water and combine. Pour mixture into ice cube trays and when half frozen insert toothpicks in the middle. Freeze for another hour before eating. They really beat my sweet cravings and they're small enough that you aren't over doing the sugar free stuff. Count to 100 or do something distracting when you encounter a craving. Keep hydrated. Your body mistakes thirst for hunger often. Those pudding cubes are nice for a quick craving but don't forget to allow a treat now amd then. I love dark chocolate. It is so rich and dense that even if I wanted to I couldn't eat more than an oz or two and full of antioxidants. Use agave or honey instead of refined sugar in coffee and tea, and sometimes flavors associated with your sweet treats beat it too. Sprinkle fruit with cinnamon. I like cubing apples and dusting them with cinnamon amd popping em in the microwave for a few secs for a snack reminiscent of apple pie. Pick a treat day once a week. Some people do treat day I pick a treat meal or snack so I don't fall off the wagon. Have a modest portion of your favorite sweet once every week or two, with all the fixings. But seriously a sugar cleanse will relieve you of many of your cravings.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51