Protein shakes

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
May 17, 2013 12:15pm
via Android

Are Protein shakes good while working out? If so what are the good advantages of it? And when would be the right time to drink them? Will they help me gain muscle or get a lil bit thicker?

17 May
Protein shakes help your body build more lean muscle and burn more fat when you workout. It's best to take them during or right after your workout so your body can quickly digest it and start working on your muscles. It will help guys bulk up more but women build muscles differently. You'll become more defined and slimmer over long use but you won't get crazy ripped like a bodybuilding ad or anything so don't worry about that. I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey in chocolate malt flavor with water right after I finish my cardio and before I start...
Image_thumb
60 Posts
May 17, 2013 12:19pm
via Android

There are a few threads about this topic of protein shakes. Search and read those as we all have different opinions and uses for them. Do lots of research.

Image_thumb
149 Posts
May 17, 2013 12:29pm
via Android

I was drinkin one n the morning and one after my workout. There are so many different formulas of protein shakes out u jus have to find one specific to wat u r tryin to do

Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 17, 2013 2:24pm
via iOS
I use the 100% premium whey protein (chocolate, because its delicious.) I have a glass every morning and sometimes after an intense workout. Don't know if it's the right way, but that's what I do. :)
17 May
Vanilla is my fav
17 May
I have never tried vanilla! I am a big chocolate fan, so that's all I ever get haha.
17 May
Don't hurt me but I hate chocolate
17 May
What kind of nonsense is that? You must not be human. 8-| I'm pretty sure you are the first person I have ever heard that from, lol.
17 May
Does white chocolate count but I'm cutting back on junk so I haven't had it in a while
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
May 17, 2013 8:13pm
via iOS
Protein shakes assist with muscles recovery after a workout. If you take it before a workout you going to burn off the protein and your muscle won't have enough. It will reduce muscle pain and speed up growth. Don't worry it won't make you huge unless you lifting heavy. Best times to take it is after breakfast and before you sleep
Image_thumb
157 Posts
May 18, 2013 12:42am
via Android

Taking a fast absorbing protein mixed with water after your workout is the best way to replenish your muscles. I use Visalus for this reason. It is low calorie, fat, sugar, sodium; so you won't have to worry about gaining bulkiness. Before bed I either mix my shake with milk/Greek yogurt or I eat cottage cheese because casein protein breaks down slower.
www.90daypersonalmastery.com for more information or to join the challenge.

18 May
Excellent break down Chris ;-)
Adam_vegas_thumb
46 Posts
May 18, 2013 11:00am
via Android

Try hydrowhey after a workout, or if your protein intake for the day is low.

Image_thumb
52 Posts
May 23, 2013 12:42am
via Android

What about Special K protein shakes, do they count?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51