Eating the right way?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
51 Posts
Jun 7, 2013 12:58am
via Android

Ok so im building muscles, toning my body parts , and im not sure if im getting enough of what I should eat. Veggies and fruits is a must, I know that. I took alot too. But what about meat, carbs, fats, etc? How much should I take enough for me to repair/build muscles without getting fat? Anyone , give your opinion? What and how much should I eat?
P/s I have a few marathon ahead of me , so I need to prepare for it.

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Jun 7, 2013 2:47am
via iOS
When building muscle, protein is your best friend. After a hard workout, consume some protein and carbs so that your muscles can be rebuild. During the day, eat protein with every meal. In regards to carbs, you should eat healthy carbs for lunch, snacks, and dinner. Healthy carbs are sweet potato, brown rice, amaranth, quinoa, etc. Eat fruit and vegetables for a good carb source, too. In your case, carbs should be 40% of the meal, protein should be 30%, vegetables/fruits should be 20%, and fats should be 10%. That is just a rough estimate. When eating fats, you need to make sure that they will benefit your body. Trans fat and too much saturated fat are bad for you. Good fats to eat are nuts, seeds, avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, and grapeseed oil. No canola oil, corn oil, peanut oil, or butter in large amounts. Healthy fats do not make you fat. In fact, it is quite the contrary. Breakfast should be mostly protein and vegetables (if you can stand them in the morning). Eat more fats and healthy carbs for your snacks in between meals (an apple with almond butter, for example). Lunch should be protein, healthy carbs, fat, and vegetables. Dinner should be protein and vegetables with some carbs and fat, depending on what time of the day you work out.

Hole this helps and God bless!
07 Jun
I trying to maintain a flat tummy too. Will this affect it when I take more carbs?
07 Jun
To keep a flat stomach, you can still eat carbs. If you want, you can do less carbs and more vegetables. You do need the carbs, though, because you will be burning so much energy.
08 Jun
Ok , thank you!! Just the advice I needed :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51