Nandi Hills or Nandidurg is a hill fortress of southern India, in the Chikkaballapur district of Karnataka state. It is located just 16 km (till base) 24 km (top of the hill) from Chickballapur town and approximately 70 km(top of the hill) from the city of Bangalore. The hills are nestled between the triple towns of Nandi Village, Muddenahalli, and Kanivenaryanapura.
1. Tipu's Drop - the place from where Tippu Sultan made his prisoners fall.
2. Tipu's Summer Residence - a beautiful palace on top of this hill (This palace is closed to the general public).
3. Temples - there are temples dedicated to Sri Bhoga Narasimha, Sri Ugra Narasimha and Sri Yoga Narasimha and you can see beautiful old temples.
4. Gavi Veerbhadra Swamy temple on top of the hill (The temple inside a big rock/cave)
5. Nehru Nilaya - where Jawaharlal Nehru used to stay, now a guest house of the horticulture department of India.
6. Rivers - the rivers Pennar, Palar and Arkavati originate from these hills. Most of the sources have dried up.
7. Brahmashram - it is said that Sage Ramakrishna Paramhamsa meditated here. Its a cool cave.
8. Muddenahalli - the home town of Sir M. Visvesvaraya, the architect of modern Karnataka. Muddenahalli is just a few kilometres away from Nandi Hills. His house is now a museum.
Nandi Hills, Karnataka, India
to set its location.