Beginning Running Program

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 5:09pm
via iOS
Can someone please help me. I want to get into running but I need something that will help me gradually go into it. Does anyone have a program or just a few workouts I can do so help me get into running. Thanks
16 Mar
Canicross.. Do you have a dog? It is really for you AND your dog to run togheter
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 5:28pm
via Android

In the Lose it! Tone it program there are a couple of running sessions. I started with that program when I first began using Skimble and I liked it. If you search for running in the workouts section there's plenty.

A lot of people start for instance with walking for two minutes, jogging for one minute and so on or something similar. Another approach is to have time blocks of for instance three minutes. You start by jogging for as long as you can and then walk until the end of the time block. When the next time block starts, repeat.

Do some kind of short warmup and stretching before and you're good to go! Good luck!

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 5:30pm
via iOS
Thank you so much! I have it Lost It! I'll look on there! Thanks!
16 Mar
You're welcome! Keep us posted on your progress! :)
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 6:53pm
via iOS
I do have a dog, but he is a hunting dog, so he is runs every which way he wants too. So that's a challenge for me to run with him. I would love to run with him though.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51