Programs

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 7, 2015 5:25am
via Android

I need help staying motivated any way I can get it. Has anyone done any of the programs? I just joined the lose it tone it program and I start tomorrow. (I joined AFTER I worked out ). Has anyone had success with programs? Any results?

12 Oct
Hi Shanae. I am a wellness coach and i can help. Let me know. We can work together and keep accountable.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 7, 2015 9:22am
via Android

Hi dear

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Oct 20, 2015 9:42pm

I'm using the programs - I'm signed up to two right now - and I like them. They give me a place to start, and a logical progression, even if on the odd occasion I find that they include a move or two I'm not yet ready for. And though I haven't yet completed one, I bet that reaching that finish line and saying I did it will be pretty satisfying!!! I'm looking forward to being proud of myself. :) The range of moves included seems good, so I'm not only working out, I'm learning how to work out. They won't take the place of an in-person trainer, but they're still quite helpful.

If you haven't already, do look at the list of programs on the website (https://www.skimble.com/programs) as well as within the app. In the app (the android version, anyway) there doesnt' seem to be a way (that I can find) to browse the entire list, only the 'featured' ones. On the website, you can view the whole list, but not sign up for them. So if you see one on the site you want to use and it's not in the featured list in the app, you can use the magnifying glass in the app to search for it by name, and sign up from there.

I tend to reschedule the workouts way too often so the programs take way longer than they should to complete (lol) but that's on me, not the programs! Having my phone remind me that it's time to workout is really helpful for keeping me mindful of my goals and booting me in the bum a little when I need it. 

Do make sure you read the description completely to ensure that you know if you'll need equipment, etc. Most seem to rely primarily on bodyweight but there are a few that include things like dumbells or stability balls.

21 Oct
Thank you for your help Susan. I have often thought to use my laptop to work out with versus the app on my phone. But I am so accustomed to the app that I actually get lost using the website. I am now a couple of days behind on my program but I am making up time now. Thank you for sharing your experience. It allowed me to feel more 'human' about this entire weight loss journey. I have had a stressful couple of days so I am actually looking forward to burning some steam in a good way. Also,...
21 Oct
Glad it helped!! Many of the workouts don't work on a laptop, but if you can put your hands on a Chromecast or otherwise get the signal from your phone/tablet to a tv or monitor, that can make the app workouts way easier to see. :)
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 20, 2015 9:44pm
via Android

Hi Robert!  With me being back in school, time is becoming an issue. But I'm seeing results so I definitely don't want to stop now.  Any advice?

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 21, 2015 3:25am
via Android

No

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 21, 2015 3:25am
via Android

I'm New here any advice

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51