Running

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 4:12pm
via Android

Hej, well I don't know how to start?
Okey in May I have a volunter run. I will have to run 13 kilometers. And now I don't know how to start preparing for that? Any ideas? Thanks to all

29 Jan
Work on increasing ur stamina. I did jump rope to increase my stamina. And u should also just try to run at every opportunity. If it's bad weather outside than u can do things at home to strengthen ur legs like calf raises, squats, jumping lunges, and also things for ur core like mountain climbers, planks etc. U can also do smaller things that will help ur overall performance like learning how to breathe better when running. I can't remember exactly what it was but I got it off google and it actually worked so u should check it out....
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 4:26pm
via Android

Do you do any running now and what are your current abilities?

I have 14 mile in August and started by doing Running for Beginners and moved on to I Just Kept Running.

The easiest way to train for running is running really...when your struggling for for breath or energy walk it off and keep going....like anything in life never give up!

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 4:37pm
via Android

Thanks;) how often do you do that, three or four times a week?
Well not really I run once a week but aroud 3 kilometrs.
And when I run should I focus on a distance or a time or I should run till I can and the distance and time are not important?

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 4:42pm
via Android

I started off slowly now i easily run 20km:) I suggest you walk then sprint and walk agin for the start.
For example:
Walk 1min
Sprint 30secs
Walk 5min
Medium speed run 10min
I went with that and it.worked pretty well for me;) it.will take.some time but.you will.easily.run those.12kms:D also eat.carbs for.energy:)

Gl;)

28 Jan
Thank you;* I will do my best;)
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 4:50pm
via Android

I'm a believer in goal setting so if you can do 3km easily now then aim to do 5km on your next run...

In 4 weeks increase to 7-8km... then 4 weeks again increase to 11-12km and 4 weeks 15km and you have a few weeks spare to increase or push though plateau's you may hit.

Thats just a sample you work it out on your abilities as you know yourself better than anyone.

You have to push that little harder to get to the next goal...remember nutrition play an important role so eat well and drink plenty of water and get lots of sleep....

28 Jan
Okey thanx I will work on it;)
Image_thumb
223 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 5:01pm
via iOS
I am not good with math but how much are 4 kilos.
02 Feb
That's healthy for your body and btw your pretty
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 5:06pm
via Android

2,4 miles is the same as 4 kilometers

28 Jan
Oh sry not good with knowing that.
28 Jan
Sometimes you should use google;)
28 Jan
Ik I am so dumb!
28 Jan
Haha no panik;)
28 Jan
What I used to do is I would run for like a mile a day than I would start increasing those miles every week by two u should try it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51